How to Print
Send or bring us your STL file(s) in one of the following ways:
- Fill out the “Request a Print” form
- Bring your files to a consultant in the Industrial Science Building, room 119
We will contact you within 4-5 days to let you know that your print is finished. If there are any issues we will contact you within 1-2 days. To be sure to receive your print on time send or bring your file(s) at least a week before you need the print
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of file format should I use?
All files should be in .stl format
How do I save a file in STL?
- With your piece open in SolidWorks click File and then Save As
- Select .stl for the type
- Click Options
- Change the units to millimeters
- Under Resolution move the Deviation/Tolerance to the middle of the slide bar
- If you are saving an assembly as a single .stl be sure to click the checkbox for Save all components of an assembly in a single file.
- Click OK and Save
- If your are using AutoCad simply click Export and then Other Format
- Select .stl and Save
Who can use the 3D printing services?
Though primarily used by USU students and faculty the printers are also open for the general public.
How much will my print cost?
Cost is determined by multiple factors including the size of your print, which material and printer is chosen, and the interior fill of the print.
I don’t know how to make a file but still want to print. Is there any way to do that?
Yes! There are many online sites that provide .stl files for free or a cost