As engineering increasingly impacts the nation’s economy, security, and prosperity, high demands have been set for engineering schools to graduate an ever greater number of quality students trained to meet the needs of business and industry. Rapid changes in engineering worldwide have motivated the profession to re-evaluate how future engineers should be educated to develop students’ engineering thought processes and improve analytical and problem-solving skills.
Engineering educators prepare these students, not only through quality instruction, but also through application of their current research discoveries about how learning comprehension and recall are best achieved. Engineering education research is essential in guiding engineering education practices to ensure quality student learning outcomes.
Graduate students in this vital and emerging field, have the opportunity to become involved in cutting-edge engineering education research, such as:
- Teaching and learning strategies
- Cognition and metacognition in engineering education
- Problem solving and framing
- K–12 engineering education
To be a world-class leader in developing and implementing research-based methods for student-centered learning and innovation in engineering.
The mission of the Engineering Education Department at Utah State University is to advance the knowledge, understanding, dissemination, and implementation of evidence-based pedagogical practices into and outside the engineering classroom.
We have summarized this with these three points
- To develop doctoral students as effective engineering educators and researchers;
- To promote scholarship in engineering education through innovative, cutting-edge research and;
- To teach engineering fundamentals for pre-professional students in the College of Engineering and provide them relevant and sound learning experiences.
Our goal is to produce graduates with proficiency in engineering pedagogy and expertise in engineering education research. We have summariesed this goal with the following points.
- Advance global innovation by training professional engineers to excel as engineering educators
- Establish evaluative, instructional, and supportive frameworks for engineering teaching and learning
- Develop and implement evidence-based approaches for online, hybrid, and face-to-face learning environments in engineering
- Providing authentic problems and activities emphasizing the application of scientific and technological principles in the classroom
USU Engineering Faculty Receives Prestigious NSF CAREER Grant
CalendarJanuary 05, 2017
Dr. Idalis Villanueva wins research grant to study effects of 'hidden curricula....
"Our Vision is to be a computer lab where students and faculty are the priority in everything. We will always provide excellent service to our custormer by taking initiative and doing more than is expected."
Monday - Thursday
8 am - 10 am
8 am - 5 pm
March 7 - 11
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
|Java 8 JDK|
|Google Earth Pro|
|Adobe Creative Cloud|
|AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor|
|TauDEM for ArcGIS|
Engineering Education Department
Engineering Building, 4th floor, room 405
4160 Old Main Hill
Logan, Utah 84322-4105
Phone: (435) 797-2758
Engineering Building on Map
If you have questions and are unable to find the answer to your question on our site, feel free to contact us by using the form below.